Private Jet Services Group (PJS) is a worldwide private aviation consulting firm. Founded in 2003, the company initially focused on providing third party logistics services for large VIP groups including live entertainment tours and college and professional sports teams. PJS quickly established itself as a leading charter provider by consistently delivering superior execution and expertise in the niche of VIP Airliners.
The Web Applications Developer will develop and optimize custom tools and resources to meet specific business needs and processes. The Web Applications Developer will ensure that the systems put in place meet the stated needs of each project and will optimize these systems based on feedback from various stakeholders throughout the company.
The ideal candidate will have skills in two or more program languages and a good understanding of database principles. Most importantly they will possess a strong desire to carry out projects through completion and see their efforts used across a growing and vibrant company.
- Development of web based applications for clients and/or internal users
- Working with staff and management to understand application requirements
- Present 3rd party APIs and data to users in a clear and concise fashion
- Full stack development (a generalist is a better fit for this position than a specialist)
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Associates in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of developing web applications
- If you don’t have Python experience, you should have equivalent experience in a similar language (Ruby/PHP) working with a web framework (Rails/Cake) and be able to demonstrate you’ll be able to pick up Python quickly
- Source/Version control experience (preferably Git)
- Fundamental SQL knowledge (we don’t do anything advanced enough to get into the detailed differences between MySQL/Postgres/SQL Server/etc.)
- Linux command line
The following areas are not required, but are highly desired:
- Google Apps APIs (we use Calendar and Gmail APIs in one of our apps)
- Salesforce API
- Nginx or Apache knowledge