Private Jet Services Group (PJS) is one of North America’s largest private aviation consulting firms. Founded in 2003, the company initially focused on providing third party logistics services for large VIP groups including live entertainment tours and college and professional sports teams. PJS quickly established itself as a leading charter provider by consistently delivering superior execution and expertise in the niche of VIP Airliners.
The technical support specialist will be essential in keeping our mission critical IT business systems and users running smoothly. The individual will have knowledge of operating systems and applications with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems. This sole IT operations person will provide support for workstations, applications, basic networking gear, and mobile devices. If you are passionate about IT, good with people, and can handle the occasional stressful moment, then we want to talk to you.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced desk-side technical support person who has worked hands on in a small-mid sized business environment.
Experience in the following:
- Microsoft Windows (Windows 7/8, Server 2003 – 2012)
- Active Directory/Group Policies (basic)
- Microsoft Office applications
- Apple products
- Google Apps
- General understanding of networking theory
- Firewall/router administration (basic)
- Either an associates degree in CS/IT, equivalent experience (2+ years), or certifications (MCITP, MCSA)
- Ability to work through technical challenges on your own by consulting appropriate resources when you don’t immediately know the answer.
- A passion for IT, particularly systems/network administration. If you’re not playing with this stuff for fun, you might want to re-think doing it for a living.
- Good People Skills – patience, humility, a sense of humor
- Ability to talk your mom through IT problems without confusing, insulting, or horrifying her
- Excellent oral and written communication skills